Product information "FC2022 - HALO™ pH Probe with Bluetooth® Smart Technology - Food"
The World’s First pH Electrode with Bluetooth® Smart Technology
HALO™ is the world's first professional pH probe with Bluetooth® Smart technology (Bluetooth® 4.0).
It is a high quality, double junction, refillable glass pH probe with a built-in temperature sensor that can be used virtually anywhere: in the field, laboratory or classroom. Its flexibility and ease of use will revolutionize the way pH is measured.
HALO™ transmits measurement data directly to an iPad® (not included) running the Hanna Lab App.
The Hanna Lab App turns an iPad into a full-featured pH meter when used with the Hanna HALO™ pH probe with Bluetooth Smart technology. Functions include calibration, measurement, data logging, graphing and data sharing. Measurement and logging of pH and temperature at one second intervals start as soon as the probe is connected. Measurements can be displayed alone on the display, with tabulated data, or as a graph. The graph can be panned and zoomed with the iPad’s pinch-to-zoom technology for enhanced viewing.
Connecting the HALO™ probe to the Hanna Lab App is simple. Tap the Bluetooth® icon in the top-right corner to view all available HALO™ probes then press the button on your HALO™ probe. Select the newly discovered HALO™ probe from the list of available probes. If a previously associated probe is in discovery mode when the app is opened it will connect to that probe automatically.
Connects to HALO™ via Bluetooth® 4.0Up to five-point pH calibration with seven standard pH buffers availableCalibration reminder
• Alerts you when HALO™ needs calibration
• Displays pH and temperature updated every second
• Displays date and time of current calibration along with probe offset and average slope
• Displays date and time of current calibration, probe offset and average slope along with calibrated buffers, mV values, temperature and slopes between each buffer
Fluid, dynamic graphing
• Measurement can be displayed with tabulated data or as a graph. The graph axes may be expanded using the iPad’s pinch and zoom technology for enhanced viewing
• Alerts you if the measurement threshold is exceeded
Data-logging with custom annotations
• Saved log files may be annotated with measurement specific information
• Data is autosaved every hour
Four ways to save and share data:
• All data since last autosave
• Annotations only
• All data within a timed interval
• Annotations only within a timed interval
Share data via email in CSV format
Help and tutorials:
• Demo probe mode to help explore features of the Hanna Lab App
• General app information
• General HALO™ information
• pH tutorial
• Maintenance tutorial
• Contact information
Parameter mV, pH, Temperature
Body Material glass
Reference double, Ag/AgCl
Junction Open Junction
Range pH: 0.00 to 12.00
Tip Shape Conical
Outer Diameter 12 mm to 8 mm taper (Plastic)
Overall Length 131 mm
Environmental Conditions 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F), electronic module is not waterproof
Solution Temperature 0 to 60°C (23 to 176°F)
Temperature Sensor integrated
Connection Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth 4.0), 10 m (33') range
Battery Type/Life CR2032 3V lithium ion / approximately 500 hours
Recommended Use education, field applications, laboratory general purpose
Warranty 6 month limited warranty
Ordering Information HI11102 (HALO™) is supplied with storage solution, cleaning solution, pH 7.01 buffer solution, pH 4.01 buffer solution, battery, quality certificate and instruction sheet.
Hanna Lab App Measurement Specifications
Range -2.000 to 16.000 pH / ±800 mV / -20.0 to 120.0 ºC *(will be reduced to actual probe/sensor limits)
Resolution 0.1, 0.01, 0.001 pH / 1, 0.1 mV
Accuracy (@25ºC/77ºF) ±0.005 pH / ±0.3 mV
Calibration Points Up to five points with seven standard buffers
Calibration Buffers 1.68, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01, 12.45 pH
Temperature Compensation Automatic from -5.0 to 100.0 ºC / 23.0 to 212.0 ºF *(will be reduced to actual probe/sensor limits)
Compatibility/System Requirements iPad 3rd generation or newer (including mini) with iOS 7.1+ and Bluetooth 4.0 technology
Download Information Hanna Lab App is available free from the App Store