Product information "HI3896BP* Backpack Lab Soil Quality Educational Test Kit"
A complete, portable learning experience
HANNA introduces a kit specifically assembled for the educator and Environmental Science student. Using the popular HANNA Agricultural Combination Test Kit (HI 3895 and HI 3896) as its foundation, the Soil Quality Education Test Kit is designed to provide a complete lesson plan for teachers. Teachers are able to introduce students to important chemical tests for evaluating soil quality and fertility, and relate these measurements to the principles of plant metabolism. Tied together by an extensive teacher's guide, this kit includes in-depth background information about each parameter, classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter and detailed field-testing procedures.
The HANNA Agricultural Combination Test Kit addresses important issues related to soil quality and modern agriculture practices. Real-world examples help students understand the relevance of macronutrients and other parameters in everyday life. This kit introduces the student to all major soil quality topics, and is presented in an easy to use format that makes lessons accessible, understandable and memorable.
Backpack Lab™ Soil Quality Education Test Kit Includes:
• Agriculture Combination Kit (enough materials for 50 Nitrogen)
• Phosphorus, and Potassium tests
• HI 98129 - Combo pH/EC/TDS/Temp Tester
• HI 145 Thermometer
• One sachet of: 4 pH, 7 pH & 1413 ?S/cm
• Laminated Field Test Procedures
• Backpack carrying case which holds all components of the kit
• 72-page teachers manual with a curriculum that meets National Science Teachers Association Standards
• Parameter summary in pdf and powerpoint format (on included CD).
• Laminated, laboratory instruction cards with step-by-step field test procedures
• Lab activity worksheets with instructions, goals, hypothesis, and testing procedure results/observations (on included CD).
• A glossary of key terms in pdf format(on included CD).
• Exclusive access to backpacklab.com where you can download:
Field Test Procedures • Teacher Resource Book • Worksheets • Activities
HI 3896BP Backpack Lab test kit includes agriculture test kit pro (enough for 100 NPK tests), pHep®4 meter, DiST®5 meter, HI 145 digital thermometer, set of 6 parameter summary transparencies, set of 6 field test procedures, set of 6 lab activity worksheets, vocabulary terms blackline master and backpack
?BACKPACK LAB™ Soil Quality Educational Test Kit PARAMETER CODE METHOD RANGE CHEMICAL
METHOD NUMBER OF
Nitrogen HI 3896 Colorimetric Traces, low, medium, high Ned 50 1320 g
Phosphorus Colorimetric Traces, low, medium, high Ascorbic acid 50
Potassium Turbidimetric Traces, low, medium, high Tetraphenylborate 50
pH Colorimetric 4 to 9 pH (1 pH increments) pH indicators 50
HI 145-00 SPECIFICATIONS RANGE RESOLUTION ACCURACY PROBE BATTERY LIFE WEIGHT
Temperature -50.0 to 220°C 0.1°C (-50.0 to 199.9°C)
1°C (200 to 220°C) ±0.3°C (-20 to 90°C)
±0.4 F.S. (outside) Stainless steel,
125 x 5mm (5 x 0.2") approx. 10000
hours 65 g
PHEP®4 PARAMETER CODE RANGE RESOLUTION ACCURACY CALIBRATION BATTERY LIFE WEIGHT
pH HI 98127 -2.0 to 16.0 pH 0.1 ±0.1 Automatic approx. 300 hours 85 g
Temperature -5.0 to 60.0°C 0.1°C ±0.5°C
DiST®5 PARAMETER CODE RANGE RESOLUTION ACCURACY CALIBRATION BATTERY LIFE WEIGHT
EC HI 98311 0 to 3999 µS/cm 1 µS/cm ±2% F.S. Automatic approx. 100 hours 85 g
TDS 0 to 2000 ppm 1 ppm ±2% F.S.
Temperature 0.0 to 60.0°C 0.1°C ±0.5°C